Sign up  |   |   |  Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
purplecrane710

Registered:
Posts: 1
 #1 

Is it ok if my cat is eating the breeze cat litter?

beamersmom

Registered:
Posts: 2
 #2 

I just read a customer review on Amazon's website for this system.  A cat who ate the pellets died Saturday, 9/13.  I would be very fearful of any animal, dog or cat, eating these pellets.  You can read the post yourself and decide.

Sonya

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 3
 #3 

"My name is Sonya and I represent BREEZE Litter System.  In response to consumer concerns regarding cats ingesting BREEZE Litter Pellets, I'd like to address the safety of the product.  BREEZE Litter Pellets are composed of non-toxic material, and if ingested, will normally flow through the digestive system with no ill effects.  As with any non-food item ingested by a pet,  if your pet consumes a large quantity of pellets, please contact your veterinarian immediately."

Surggirl1978

Registered:
Posts: 1
 #4 
My 8 month old kitten ate these pellets without me knowing! Shortly after getting this system my kitten started walking strangely so I took him to the vet. I thought he might have fallen, but turns out he
ingested so many it caused a bowel obstruction and his electrolytes to be out of whack. The vet did emergency surgery on him with a low probability he would live through it! My kitten did make it but is still not out of the woods he still has neurological issues which we hope will resolve. I contacted the company and they are worthless! I plan to tell my story to as many people as I can! They were unapologetic saying they could mail me a check for 250 dollars! That won't even touch the vet bills, days I had to take off from work, and mental anguish my family and I suffered! The money is beyond the point! However, when I mentioned something should be done to the taste and shape of the pellets so maybe this would never happen to anyone else's beloved animal I was blown off! Terrible costumer service!
Nathan

Registered:
Posts: 1
 #5 
My older cat ingested many of these pellets as well. I didn't notice when the intestinal distress began but than the vomiting started in which there were full undigested pellets. She was sick and was taken to a vet as well. I had to rent a steam cleaner to save the carpet and had to switch back to traditional litter system which means I have now purchased 6 cat boxes multiple litters and scoops as well as time and labor spent on cleaning and vet bills not to mention a sick cat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! upon switching back to a traditional system the "intestinal distress" disappeared and needless to say there has been no vomiting. I just wich I had never considered this system. Both for my cats and my wallet. Please consider my $350 dollar mistake and hours of cleaning before purchasing this system.
Majesticem7910

Registered:
Posts: 1
 #6 
As the owner of the cat, and the one who CHOSE to buy the product, you are responsible for any outcome period. If you got a defective box or pellets I can understand complaining to the company. However, it was a personal choice to have your cat using the system. Thus, the company can not and will not be held accountable for your cat ingesting the pellets. Keep a better eye on your pets. I do and so far no ingested pellets.
Carp3b

Registered:
Posts: 1
 #7 
I have 3 kittens. I purchased the breeze system and a separate bag of pellets to mix with their regular litter so that they could get used to the new littler. I noticed them playing with ithe pellets yesterday. This morning, one of my cats who never refuses a meal wouldn't eat. Hopefully nothing bad will happen. I rushed to replace the litter with normal litter and got rid of the pellets. I'll be returning my Breeze system today.
Cempi

Registered:
Posts: 1
 #8 
My dog got into litterbox and ate some pellets, she is at this moment in emergency surgery, they are lodged in her small intestines and wont budge, we have been at the vet for 9 hours and $2k later to learn they are dangerous if ingested.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:


Create your own forum with Website Toolbox!

All posts, threads, and replies are subject to the BREEZE? Litter System Message Board Terms & Conditions.

The views expressed here do not necessarily reflect the views of Nestle Purina PetCare and its affiliates.

Click here for our Copyright Infringement Notification.